9 Sustainable Ways of Giving This Ramadan
Here are our top 9 tips on sustainable giving:
1. Give experiences to enjoy and remember
By doing this, you're also giving your time. Go on park outings, play a game the recipient loves, go camping! Remember it's about creating memories.
2. Services instead of goods
Think massage vouchers, gym memberships, pay for a swimming lesson maybe even a craft class. Something that the recipient enjoys.
3. Gift to charities
You don't always have to purchase a physical object. Donate to their favourite charity, plant a tree on their behalf. If it's someone special like you parents get family members to pitch in and purchase a water well for them.
4. Homemade treats and edibles
5. Repurpose or upcycleDo you remember when giving a second hand gift was a big NO NO? Times have changed. Refurbish old furniture, upcycle something you have you know the recipient would love.
6. Op ShopShop at your local op shop or thrift shop to purchase something instead of buying it brand new! You'll be surprised at what you'll find.
7. EducateGift something that will give back to the environment, like books on gardening. Even a print with an inspiring ' green' message. A little education can go a long way!
8. RegiftIf you have unwanted gifts sitting in your garage, regift them.
9. Gift PlantsFlowers are really beautiful, however they will not last long. Plants are a prefect way of keeping it green and will last longer! Plan ahead by clipping your own or ask family members for some clippings so they can be ready for you when you gift. Repot them in cups, jars or cans.
Have you got another suggestion on how to give without taking away from the planet? Let us know below.