DIY Wooden Hammer
A friend suggested we'd exchange handmade gifts for Eid without spending a cent! So I made these wooden hammers for her kids! The branch came from our hiking adventures. Dowel rods from old projects. It's sustainable giving made with a whole lot of love!!
Here's what you need:
- A Branch - Dowel Rods - Handsaw - Drill - Sandpaper - PVA Glue
How to make:
1. Measure and mark the size of your hammer heads. Ours are 8.5cm.
2. Start cutting.
3. Start drilling around 3/4's of the way through the centre. I used a half inch drill bit as my dowel rod was also half an inch in diameter.
4. Sand down all sides and any splinters.
5. Fill hole half way with PVA Glue. Insert dowel carefully and give a little bang to make sure it's positioned inside correctly. If glue overspills, give it a wipe while still wet.
All done! Let it dry overnight.
These wooden hammers can be used to break ice, hammer things into play dough etc. I can't wait to see the reactions of the kids faces on Eid!
If you happen to make this please do tag me at @brb_raisingkids :)