'3 Principles of Our Deen' Flip Book
I've thought long and hard about how I will teach Yaseen Islam, and at times it's been overwhelming. I realised Yaseen's learnt most of what he knows simply by watching us and applying it into his daily routine!
Children learn by observing people around them. In order for us to teach Islam to our children, they need to see us practicing it first.
I've decided to go back to basics and start with 3 important elements in this well known hadith of Angel Jibreel (AS):
Based on the 3 highlighted statements above, I've crafted a '3 Principles of Our Deen' flip book. It's more of a guide for myself to remind me of what topics I need to teach. It also makes a good conversation starter with the kids! If you're not into crafts, I've also made a paper flip book version. Scroll to the end to purchase.
Craft Flip Book
- Thick Cardboard
- 3 round bowls to trace (12cm, 15.5cm and 19cm in diametre)
- Scissors/ Box Board Knife
- Glue stick
- Hole Punch
- Printable templates* (optional)
*You can purchase back templates HERE. Templates are the same size as the cardboard bases.
How to make:
1. Place bowls onto the cardboard. Trace and then cut.
2. Use the marker to write down the following headings and definitions on the bases.
- Biggest circle - 'Islam' and 'Following the basics of our deen'.
- Middle circle - 'Iman' and 'Understanding faith as it was revealed to us in the Qur'an and Sunnah'.
- Smallest circle - 'Ihsan' and 'Doing your best in Islam'.
3. On the reverse side glue your templates upside down so they're the right side up once flipped (you can purchase our templates HERE or create your own). Hole punch holes as seen below and add twine to put your book together.
- Biggest circle: Divide into 5 sections. Write 'Islam' in the centre then write/draw the 5 pillars of Islam: Shahadah, Salaat, Zakaah, Sawm and Hajj.
- Middle circle: Divide into 6 sections. Write 'Articles of Iman' in the centre, then write/draw the 6 Articles of Iman: Belief in Allah, His Angels, His Books, His Messengers, Day of Judgement and Qadr.
- Smallest Circle: Write 'Ihsan' in the centre, then write/draw something that resembles it.
Overall, your flip book should look like this
I’d love to see your little ones enjoying my learning resources. Please tag us if you choose to share your lessons in your social media posts. You’ll find us on Instagram (@brb_raisingkids) and Facebook (@brbraisingkids).