DIY Lantern Pinata
Pinata's are always a hit with the kids (and adults!) This was our first time making one so we're quite excited to use it! Will update you all post Eid day! We upcycled some cardboard boxes from the garage, and used crepe paper to decorate. It really wasn't hard at all!
What You Need:
- Crepe Paper
- Masking Tape
- PVA Glue
- Fillings: I packed little stationary kits, balloons, popcorn and sherbets.
How To Make:
- Cut cardboard in the shape and size you want. You need to also cut the sides so it can be 3D shaped. We cut out lantern shapes (see above). Tape all sides together leaving the top exposed.
2. Cut strips of crepe paper with fringes. These one's are approximately 2 inches wide with 1.2 inch fringes.
3. Spread glue on the top half of the strips (not the fringe area).
4. Poke 2 holes on the top sides. Then thread ribbon through and tie a knot on both sides.
5. Fill in your Pinata with little treats, then secure with masking tape.